Canikon another dinosaur?

Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
eques
Senior MemberPosts: 1,827Gear list
Like?
IF...
In reply to teamrican1, Jun 4, 2013

teamrican1 wrote:

Don't agree with him at all.  The main thing holding m4/3 back right now is the autofocus issue. Nikon is the only company that has solved that problem, albeit with a much smaller sensor.  The Nikon 1 actually has technology that if Nikon had taken it seriously, could have been seriously disruptive to the video-centric users of m4/3 and completely stolen the thunder from the Black Magic cam.

Yes, if they did. And producing 3 second generation models looks as i they had started on the way.

So from where I am sitting, Nikon seems just as far along, if not more advanced,  in terms of the raw technology of mirrorless as anybody.

If they can improve their 1 sensor to the point where it is competitive with the sony m4/3 sensor, then they win.

Yes, if ...; right now, they sensors do not seem to do the job. At least the 10MP first generation sensor could not compete with the first generation 12 MP mFT sensor. (I tried and do not consent with DPreview in this point.)

If they can upscale their PDAF solution to a APS-C size sensor, they win.

If they do and if they manage to shrink the size of their lenses by the factor 2/3 compared to FX lenses. I don't think, they can do wthis with zoom lenses, primes can be quite small, see the latest Canon pancakes.

Peter.

eques's gear list:eques's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GeesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow