Would you switch brands if an nex sized ff competitor entered the market?

Started Jun 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
C.Eaton
Contributing MemberPosts: 864Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you switch brands if an nex sized ff competitor entered the market?
In reply to Tastybread, Jun 4, 2013

Tbh I don't understand the obsession with FF sensors in compact cameras. Surely the whole point of buying into a compact system camera is that you enjoy the compactness?

As soon as you go FF the whole ball game changes with regard to lens size/weight etc. This is probably the reason why we haven't seen such a beast yet as an interchangable system.

If you want to get a taste of how the system handles, get an adaptor for your NEX for the SLR range of lenses of choice. Buy/borrow/steal said SLR lenses.

Tote these around for a while and then wonder why you don't just go back to a DSLR body and be done with it.

Tastybread wrote:

I've been thinking about this for a little while. I desperately want to move onto ff sensors but can't stand the size of the available dslr's. I fully believe that Sony will try to bring something to the market before anyone else, but I often wonder how attached I am to the platform. If a competitor happened to beat Sony to the punch and thsee hardware were respectable, I probably wouldn't hesitate.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow