How can I extract my photo files from the Aperture Library back to my USB drive?

Started Jun 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andrzej bialuski
Senior MemberPosts: 2,585
Like?
How can I extract my photo files from the Aperture Library back to my USB drive?
Jun 4, 2013

After using LR for 2 years, I decided to switch to Aperture, which turned out a BIG MISTAKE.

My files started disappearing; I never found out why....

Anyway, that's am old story now.  I am back to the latest LR and very happy with it.

I keep all of my photos on an external USB drive, except for a mysterious Aperture Library.aplibrary file which has a whooping 87GB in size. This file resides on my C: drive in the Pictures folder., but I never transferred my originals to the C drive.  Aperture must have done it

I cannot see these files in  Finder. Clicking on the Application just opens Aperture.

I suspect that many of my missing photos are still there and would like to transfer them back to my USB drive; basically I want to recover all of these and cleanup space on my main HD.

Before I start messing around with Aperture again, I would like to ask you guys and gals for some pointers on how this is done.

Thank you in advance

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow