Is everyone here a professional now

Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Atoche
Contributing MemberPosts: 596Gear list
Like?
Re: Is everyone here a professional now
In reply to brianj, Jun 4, 2013

Well said.  Personally, i am a serious person - when i do something, i try to be the best that i can be.  I am not a pro photographer - and i never will be.  Its not because i wouldnt charge money for my work (if you want to buy one of my photographs i would gladly sell one too you) its just that i dont have the talent.  Now dont get me wrong, i am intelligent, motivated, and love photography - i just realize that my special ability in life is with IT and engineering computer systems, not with producing art.

all that being said - it does not stop me from trying my best to produce something that i consider artful, beautiful... And maybe one day a photograph that i look bak on myself and say (in my own silent way) "that one is good".

purchasing and using an SLR has increased the technical quality of my photographs to where it pleases me.  I do wish i could take my SLR everywhere (i carry it with me wherever time and space allow), but some places are just bad for the expensive camera - so i take my Pentax P&S with me.

just my $.02...

Atoche's gear list:Atoche's gear list
Pentax Optio WG-2 GPS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-3N +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow