The proof is in the printing ...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,788Gear list
Like?
I do not determine what the ISO does ... What a surprise!
In reply to Sergey_Green, 10 months ago

Sergey_Green wrote:

John King wrote:

Re-read what I wrote, perhaps?

Re-read what Bill Claff has written about his data collection and analysis methodology perhaps?
He does not measure ISO, he measures dynamic range from RAW files at the manufacturer's stated ISO settings, that are determined in accordance (hopefully) with the International Standards Organisation standards.

If it is hopefully, then how is it scientific? And if the frame of reference is shifted, then how exact are the comparisons.

-sergey

Please read what I said carefully, and properly. "(hopefully)" refers to the ISO (organisation) standards and how camera makers implement them; it does not refer to how Bill Claff does his measurements ...

If you have a problem with how the International Standards Organisation determines the standards for the ISO settings for cameras, may I respectfully suggest that you take the matter up with them? Not with me. I am perfectly happy with what camera makers do, and how they adhere to the ISO standards.

The frame of reference hasn't been "shifted". It is the same for all makers. How they choose to implement the standards is up to them, not me ...

As you appear to be unhappy with what the ISO writes in their standards; or how some/any camera maker implements those standards; then take it up with the ISO, or the camera maker - Not with me ...

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow