Re: Is everyone here a professional now
In reply to rattymouse, 10 months ago

rattymouse wrote:

brianj wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

brianj wrote:

Limburger wrote:

People develop.

Looking at my pictures taken ten years ago (using a p&s) now I am not as happy with the results as I was back in the day. Though the fun of taking pictures is still the same.

With digital it has become easier (and for sure cheaper) to learn photograpy, so I believe more and more people buy a dslr that in the film days may not have bought one due to cost and learning curve.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

I had an SLR in the film days because that was the best camera for seeing and framing exactly what the lens saw, but that is also the case with any live view digital camera now so no need to lug a brick around any more.

Brian

Calling an SLR a brick is a dramatic overstatement, unless you are feeble and weak.   Live view cameras are nowhere near an optical viewfinder yet.  They lag, have excessive contrast problems in difficult light, and suck battery power like there is no tomorrow.

Fine, we all get you hate SLR's.  You will not sway anyone with your arguments here.

I'm not trying to sway anyone, once again I am just stating what I did, and I'm not sure why everyone gets so angry about it.  I'm also trying to figure out the state of play in the game of photography which has changed and is still changing rapidly.  I know that outside this forums millions of people like to use the phone that they have with them, so maybe they are less obsessed.

Brian

People who use phones to take pictures arent real serious about image quality.  People who use SLR's are more serious about IQ.  It's not hard for me to understand, why can't you?

Technical IQ is almost irrelevant to me, its artistic content that is the holy grail for me, why can't you understand that?

My wife uses a $350 compact camera.  I use much more expensive gear.  Anyone with half an eye can tell which images came from the compact, and which images came from my gear.

It's really really simply once you drop the SLR hatred.

I bet her images are the ones that get looked at most.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow