Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 12,994Gear list
Like?
Re: Is everyone here a professional now
In reply to contadorfan, Jun 4, 2013

contadorfan wrote:

brianj wrote:

... I am bugged by the implication that if you don't use a DSLR then you can't be a serious photographer.

Brian

Think you need to stop paying attention to what "they" think & concentrate on what YOU think.

I left my serious gear home & brought my point & shoot (Canon ELPH) for a two week trip to Italy, opting for portability & convenience. I had great fun pushing that little camera to its limits, enjoying the challenge of trying to get good shots in dim churches and museums.  Composition, looking for good subject material, and thinking about the shot isn't any different, really.  I'm happy with the photos, too. Do I care that I didn't look like a serious photographer? No -- I'm not trying to impress anybody.  Too busy photographing to notice who's noticing me.

Maybe you need to hang out over at Flickr.  You'll find serious photographers of all stripes: pinhole, film of all formats, people who love their point & shoots.

Thanks you, your a breath of fresh air, so there is at least two of us here, I did the same for my trip to Vietnam and couldn't be happier.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow