The new FZ200, something's different

Started Jun 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,617Gear list
Like?
Re: The new FZ200, something's different
In reply to GeraldW, Jun 4, 2013

Careful Jerry...this camera can fool you!  LOL

If you recall you liked these settings you are using now with your old FZ200 for awhile.

That being said I too like using iA + mode now which uses default settings and a little less aggressive ires over PAS or M with ires on.  But I don't use this mode all the time.  I like Mikedigi's settings of NR -2 and SH -1 with ires on too in bright light.  But indoors iA looks good or your old settings too for higher ISO shots in low light.  IA+ has surprised me though.  After I got my LX7 I have been trying to match the sharpness I get with the LX7 and iA+ comes closer than any other modes and the images are clean most of the time.

I am sure there is fluctuation in lens quality too.  Some are sharper than others.  I wonder if the Leica version of this camera gets the better quality tested lenses or hand selected better lenses.  I am sure some or most of the panny's are great lenses too but some might get less than the best because they are not hand selected.  Just a guess...

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow