Is everyone here a professional now

Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Re: Is everyone here a professional now
In reply to brianj, Jun 4, 2013

brianj wrote:

Can anyone please explain what has happened to people these days that everything has become so serious, where is the fun gone?  Is it only over on the Connect site?

I show in a co-op gallery.  Many many people come in with large DSLRs hanging around their necks.  (Of course always Nikons or Canons.)  If they talk to me, I quickly discover that in most cases they are completely clueless.  For many it is now a status symbol to have a heavy camera around your neck. It's like a very nice car. Oh, dare I say they are almost always men?

You say DSLR and that is important. SLTs or four thirds won't do.

I hope you know that excellent photographs can be taken with any equipment.  Several excellent photographers in my community are now playing with their iphones (apparently no other phone will do) and instagram.

There are reasons to want this camera or that.  For example, many P&S cameras can take excellent macros with a large DOF that big sensor cameras can't achieve.  But there comes the day in many people's lives when they wantan interchangeable lens camera for this reason or that.  If that doesn't strike you, then just be happy with your camera!

JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow