Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
felixdacat
Regular MemberPosts: 190
Like?
NEX-7...Sony battery vs generic
Jun 3, 2013

Quick story that happened to me a few weeks ago which demonstrates the difference between a generic battery in the NEX-7 vs. the Sony battery.  When I bought the camera, I had also purchased two generic batteries, figuring a total of 3 batteries should take me through any shooting day

I had not touched my NEX-7 since early January.  My wife wanted me to take some pictures of my daughter’s dance recital.  Knowing whatever battery was in the camera had to be dead or close to it, I grabbed the one I kept in the charger and put in in the camera, while charging the one in the camera.

What I didn’t know was that my wife had volunteered my services to the owner of the dance studio, and that I was expected to shoot the entire recital, not just my daughter’s numbers.  By intermission, I was down to 45% power.  I couldn’t remember if I had brought my last battery in my camera bag.  Therefore, I went conservative during the second half.

I ended up shooting almost 1200 pictures, and when the curtain closed I was down below 10% power.  Just in case my daughter wanted to have me take some pictures with her dance mates, I searched my camera bag and found the last battery.  When I put it in the camera, I was figuring that after 4 months since it was last charged, it would be under 50% power, perhaps even under 20%.

It was the original Sony battery.  When I turned on the camera, I was surprised to find 100% power.

-- hide signature --

FX
NEX-7, 18-55, 55-200
Canon Powershot S3
Former Pro Photographer
Nikon User 1977-2012
I know the difference between an F Stop and a Bus Stop

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow