ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eorlingas
Contributing MemberPosts: 597Gear list
Like?
Confused about Cokin P-Series Holders & Adaptor Rings
10 months ago

Hi guys,

I've finally decided to purchase a graduated ND starter kit.  Since I'm no pro, I can't justify spending the money on the Lee system, but the Cokin system seems affordable enough.  I know there are other brands out there but up here in Canada, we pay a premium just for second-tier merchandise (of everything), meaning that it's hard enough to find Lee & Cokin products for sale (and much more expensive).

My question is about the P-Series holder.  Is that size universal?  On Amazon.ca and other retailer sites, they seem to advertise P-Series for 56mm, 67mm, and 77mm lenses.  Am I correct in assuming that they've simply bundled the standalone filter holder (standard P series) with the lens adapter rings (in their various sizes)?

If so, I might just get a standard P-series Cokin holder, three adapter rings for my 67, 72, and 77mm-sized lenses.  On top of that, I'm thinking I might go with Singh-Ray ND filters that I'll have to order from somewhere else.

eorlingas's gear list:eorlingas's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow