ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
contadorfan
Contributing MemberPosts: 876Gear list
Like?
Just bought an a77 -- can't believe I did that
Jun 3, 2013

[And I'm so stunned that I originally posted this in the wrong forum.]

My fingers clicked on the Amazon buttons before my brain was engaged...

But I've been mulling over upgrading from my little a330 for several months now.  It was great to learn on, but I'm starting to run into its limitations (menu diving, limited ISO quality).  I've been looking at those wonderful bundles for the a99, but am uncomfortable with the expense, the need for new lenses, and perhaps the size, even though I'd love a full frame for image quality.   DH's lawn tractor just died, so I'd feel very selfish spending that much on a toy for me.

On a whim, I went to Amazon to check out the a77.  It's going for $898 body only, and I have a gift coupon for $50.  Then my fingers did the walking (on the keyboard), and, oh my gosh, I've got a new camera! I'm not an impulse buyer, so am a bit in shock.

Did I do the right thing buying an almost two-year old camera?  Will I grow out of it in 2 1/2 years like the a330?

Will someone please tell me I'll be ecstatic with the a77 & that I did the right thing?!

Thanks. Think I'll go faint now.

Andrea

contadorfan's gear list:contadorfan's gear list
Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD
Sony Alpha DSLR-A330 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow