The proof is in the printing ...

Started May 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
veroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,300Gear list
Like?
Re: The proof is in the printing ...
In reply to Digirame, Jun 3, 2013

Digirame wrote:

I have both Olympus E-510 and Canon T2i (550D) cameras.  In sunny weather, the Olympus E-510 tends to pop (as you write), but in cloudy weather the Canon T2i (550D) seems to show the contrasts much better on my monitor.  Since you have an Olympus E-510 and Canon T3i (600D) camera, what are your observations with darker conditions, such as on a cloudy day or in shadows?

I have to agree that the E-510 is at its best in clear, sunny weather ... but that holds true for the vast majority of cameras, doesn't it? I think the E-510 and T3i are two very different cameras in most respects, with the T3i having significantly higher resolution but the E-510 having significantly better IQ and overall delivering a more pleasing quality. I think both cameras do ok on cloudy days and with shadow detail. I can't say I've seen anything remarkably different there, except that the E-510 will exhibit noise a little lower on the ISO scale than the T3i will ... although I find the type of noise rendered by the T3i to be awful. In general, I think the T3i sensor ... same one as in the 7D, 60D, T2i, T4i, T5i and the new smaller Canon Rebel DSLR is pretty crappy ... mediocre at best.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus PEN E-P5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow