Was Asked to Stop Photographing at a Lake

Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
TOR8472
Senior MemberPosts: 1,550Gear list
Like?
I'd love to see a photo of Larry the photo guy
In reply to larrytusaz, Jun 3, 2013

OP - No, offense, but I'm curious what you look like that gets you so much attention. I have to assume the attitude that comes out in your writing comes out in your appearance as well somehow.

I am of similar age as you with similarly aged children as yours and was at my pool club the other day (where I didn't know anyone there at the time) testing out my new underwater housing and lens for my RX-100. I had a huge looking fisheye lens attachment on the end and it looks very conspicuous. There were lots of bikini-wearing teenage girls swimming around me and my kids who I was taking photos of (my kids that is). With all the fear of being labeled a creepy photographer, I almost didn't dare do it, but I'm about to go on a vacation and I really needed to test my new fisheye attachment so I did it almost continuously for about an hour.

I was sure I was going to be asked to stop taking photos and was careful and prepared to explain my upcoming vacation and show photos proving I wasn't taking photos of the teenagers. However, no one said anything. Several people looked curiously at the camera when they noticed it, but then went back to what they were doing...

TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow