Started Jun 3, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JeanPierre Thibaudeau
Regular MemberPosts: 380Gear list
Like?
T4i colors, I am impressed !
Jun 3, 2013

I just bought a Canon 650D 2 days ago and I am very impressed with the camera overall but mostly the accuracy of the color rendition.

I own near 20 digital cameras, mostly Olympus, and after trying 5 or 6 different Canon DSLR in the last 4 years, I ended up returning or reselling all of them (XSI, 40D, 60D, T2i, T3 and recently the 6D).

The T4i is the first one I consider keeping, the colors it produces are so close to what I am seeing, I consider this a big step for Canon. Of course it's not perfect, it is still misses the Kelvin color control, which all Olympus 4/3 and M4/3 has.

I bought the basic 3 penses kit, 18-55, 55-250 and the 50mm F1.8, all that for a thousand dollars, including a Canon bag, a Dynex tripod and a 64G high speed card. I didn't try the video yet but I use it mainly for stills.

So if you're like me and privilege mostly color accuracy rendition - which is rare today in digital cameras, I strongly suggest you try the Canon T4i.

My overall score: 9/10.

-- hide signature --

Jean-Pierre

JeanPierre Thibaudeau's gear list:JeanPierre Thibaudeau's gear list
Canon PowerShot A650 IS Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Leica D-LUX 5 +33 more
JeanPierre Thibaudeau's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow