Oslo street photography

Started Jun 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lakeview Man
Regular MemberPosts: 262Gear list
Like?
Re: Oslo street photography
In reply to flbrit, Jun 3, 2013

flbrit wrote:

I also like very much your eye for the shot but I also think it is all a bit to much high key (slightly over exposed) as the poster above said. I am using a color managed profiled monitor here.

Brian

Thank you Brian, and the rest of you, for your feedback.

I looked at again after your post, and the other posts, who said it came out a bit too bright. And, you know what, I agree now. I had the camera at aperture priority at f/8. It seems now when I look at the file that I had the EV comp dial at +1 on the camera. That was no accident, I had used +1 right before this shot. But it all happened so fast, with the little girl in the colorfull dress reaching out, I forgot to change it back.

About the colors that someone in an earlier post said was nice, thanks. Anyway, this is not out of camera JPG, but I shot in raw, and processed it with Lightroom 4.4 and there I used the Kodak Portra 400vc profile from VSCO film pack 2. And that's all I did. Looking at it now, I could have lowered the exposure and highlights a bit in Lightroom.

-- hide signature --
 Lakeview Man's gear list:Lakeview Man's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow