Is everyone here a professional now

Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,574
Like?
I will tell you what is not fun.
In reply to brianj, Jun 3, 2013

brianj wrote:

I take photos all the time and when I go on holidays I take a lot more, I love taking photos, but there is nothing serious about it, its just to record my family's life and have fun.

You have never tried to shoot birds in flight, fast indoor sports, these things take DSLRs, m43 cannot handle it let a lone a point and shoot.

What is this serious photography that requires a DSLR, is it paid work, or something that their life depends on, will they lose face?

No, it is no fun to try to take pictures of say birds in flight with gear that was not made to do it. You choose the right tool for the job, that isn't going to be a point and shoot in some cases.

Can anyone please explain what has happened to people these days that everything has become so serious, where is the fun gone?  Is it only over on the Connect site?

Brian

They have all gone to instagram where they can take their snapshots, over cook them and complement each other on their over processed images. I think they think that is fun so that is where they have gone.

The fun is still here but the cheese has been moved. Depends on what type of cheese you like.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow