Is everyone here a professional now

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 12,497
Like?
Re: Is everyone here a professional now
In reply to brianj, 10 months ago

brianj wrote:

Now when I am reading threads people talk about carrying a P&S for unexpected things like someone runs into their car, but here's the interesting part, they say 'but when I am on a serious shoot' I take out the DSLR.

I take photos all the time and when I go on holidays I take a lot more, I love taking photos, but there is nothing serious about it, its just to record my family's life and have fun.

What is this serious photography that requires a DSLR, is it paid work, or something that their life depends on, will they lose face?

Can anyone please explain what has happened to people these days that everything has become so serious, where is the fun gone?  Is it only over on the Connect site?

Where has the fun gone? Tell me how much fun it is to come home and find out that most of your photos are just not very good; out of focus or blurred because the camera wasn't able to get a large enough lens opening, or would not shoot at high enough ISO. How much fun is it to find your photos which looked OK at 4x6 don't look very good even if you try to print at 8x10 because they are so noisy?

For me the fun came IN when I started getting the kinds of photos I want. If 'fun shooting' was the objective we could all just use a Hello Kitty camera. I enjoy using my DSLR and I'm not burdened with 'a bag of glass costing thousands of dollars'; in fact I know I've got less invested than some people have in just 2 or maybe 3 bridge / superzooms that they buy over and over.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice. (sarcasm)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow