Started Jun 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,764Gear list
Like?
Re: What happened to fun?
In reply to MoreorLess, Jun 3, 2013

MoreorLess wrote:

brianj wrote:

..and whats wrong with others taking the view that self improvement can be fun?

Nothing, I was talking about myself.

Of course not everyone has to take photography seriously but questioning someone who looks to challenge themselves with their hobby seems like the politics of the schoolyard.

I'm questioning the statement that 'serious photography can only be done with a DSLR', not that it shouldn't be done.

Personally what I like about photography is that its one of the few areas of popular culture where personal improvement and creativity is still an important element, elsewhere big business seems to want lazy comsumers.

I agree.

Brian

But your not just reffering to yourself, your comments at the start of this thread were spefically addressed at others.

In the OP I was talking about people saying on the forums 'but when I am on a serious shoot' I take out the DSLR, I never mentioned self improvement.

Its getting annoying how much often get this kind of passive aggressive posting here, especially when it comes to DSLRs.

It also gets annoying when people start arguing and accusing about things that were not in the OP.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow