OM-D E-M5 vs E-5 (build quality)

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rriley
Forum ProPosts: 21,846Gear list
Like?
Re: And then one looks at the corners...
In reply to philosomatographer, Jun 3, 2013

philosomatographer wrote:

...it becomes even funnier when one moves away from meaningless "measurements" made in the frame centre, and ask any of those systems being compared to do this in the corners. I have, to this day, not seen another sample from an SLR at 28mm-equivalent do this in the corners:

well exactly
what is more amazing is that just looking at a photograph and not seeing it for what it is, is kinda silly. I really dont mind but theres no need for people to bang on about a build deficient Tamron like it means something, especially when the topic is build quality

In terms of crisply resolving to individual pixels in the absolute corner, the only match I have seen in "amateur small-format land" (i.e. excluding MF digital and scanning backs on a view camera) is a Leica 21mm at f/8.0 on an M9 - that is, after you've corrected the colour casts.

So... I'm not going to trade my E-5 for that Nokia Camera Phone or Sony P&S yet.

yeah that was over the top too

-- hide signature --

Riley
any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended
support 1022 Sunday Scapes'

Rriley's gear list:Rriley's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hmm.New
Yup!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow