Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
philosomatographer
Regular MemberPosts: 485Gear list
Like?
Re: Clarification
In reply to illy, Jun 3, 2013

illy wrote:

philosomatographer wrote:

The more I see samples of "most other systems" - i.e. crop-sensor DSLRs with kit lenses, and Tamron 24-70mm lenses on those or on full-frame, the more adamantly I shall stand by my statement, however.

what about quality lenses rather than kit lenses, seems to be aiming low comparing it to the lowest lens you can get for another system

Sorry, I think you misunderstood the intent here (I didn't start that). The SHG lenses, in my opinion, outperform most of the top Canon/Nikon/Pentax lenses (and certainly the zooms), but then the other posters started fixating on the word "most" - and started to bring Compact cameras, cellphone cameras, etc into the equasion.

Based on their assertion that these constitute "most systems", I am merely inclined to reaffirm my statement - that the E-5 + SHG lenses indeed put most systems to shame when it comes to large prints

OK, I think I have had enough of this enormous thread. Time to go make some more prints

philosomatographer's gear list:philosomatographer's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hmm.New
Yup!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow