What the 55-200 looks like mounted

Started May 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Funduro
Contributing MemberPosts: 979Gear list
Like?
Re: What the 55-200 looks like mounted
In reply to Mr Gadget, Jun 3, 2013

Mr Gadget wrote:

I have a 70-200 f2.8 for my D2x, but would never consider it for use on the 'street' not because of the looks of it, but for the simple fact it is too long. The 17-55 works far better considering what you normally run into on a street shoot. My old 24mm f2.8D on my D100 works fine for most street work. My X100 is even better!

-- hide signature --

Conrad
---------------------------------------------------
Show Low, Arizona

The other day I walked with the X100 hanging around my neck and the 70-200 f/2.8VRII on a D700 in a shoulder bag. I found the combination complemented each other. I know strange, but the lightness of one and solid feel and handling of the other was something that I enjoyed. Ex: There was a huge old fashion painted brickwall ad that I shot with the X100 and the parallax distortion was really bugging me. I then decided that that image would be better taken from further away to minimize the distortion from bottom to top the ad. The 70-200 did the trick, I had to be rather far away and climbed something to get as high as possible. I really wanted to use the X100 for the image and was very happy to have the rather huge DSLR-70-200 capture it correctly.

I was happy snapping away and could care less what people though of me. I was too busy composing images in my head to worry about people's impressions of me. Yea i must look like a obsessed photograher hand carrying a DSLR with big lens and a rangefinfder looking camera around my neck. And yes, I've been knocking around the idea of buying a X-Pro1 and a couple of lenses, haven't gotten that final deciding urge yet. Most likely when Fujifilm releases the updated XPro1 I'll that make that decision.

-- hide signature --

FYI avatar image is by Steve McCurry

Funduro's gear list:Funduro's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow