Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,384Gear list
Like?
X-E1 and Manual Focus Lenses
10 months ago

Wow!!  $1100 for this camera with lens, now that's more like it!  Not bad at all.

How many of you are currently using manual focus lenses COMFORTABLY ?  If i jump the gun  and buy this camera now, are there any issues and regrets that i will encounter?  I want to be able to use my Rokinon 85 1.4, this lens has a tremendous shallow dept of field, but i wan't to be able to use it with the XE1 accurately.  With my former nikon D7000 it was very inacurate and i usually had to use live view but sometimes even like that i would get blurry unfocused photos.  I know the LCD of the XE1 is not the greatest.

Are there any of you XE1 owners that would just recommend to "wait" for the next model because you might not like how the camera is performing now, or are you completely happy with how the camera currently handles manual focus thru the view finder or the LCD?

This passed weekend i went to my local camera shot but they didn't have the XE1, so i am not sure how easy or difficult is to use my Rokinon 85mm.  One thing is for sure, i am not getting rid of my Rockinon.

85 1.4 with Fuji S5:

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Casio Exilim EX-S5 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow