Why spend more? D50 = Good enough :) !!!

Started Jun 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
TOR8472
Senior MemberPosts: 1,566Gear list
Like?
Re: money is relative
In reply to nfpotter, Jun 3, 2013

nfpotter wrote:.

That's what YOU think.  Wanna know what I think?

I don't give a crap what people spend their money on.  It is none of my business, nor is it yours.

I have to agree with nfpotter's point here, if not his wording. We shouldn't judge what others choose to spend their money on. I think it is crazy that a lot of people spend $5/day on expensive coffee. If they enjoy it, who I am to tell them what to spend money on? I know many of them think I'm crazy to spend $2,000 on a single huge camera lens that is only a 3X zoom when they have a tiny 30X zoom for $500? To each their own. Also, some people (many on dpreview) make enough money that there is essentially no difference to them between a $500 body and a $1,200 one. Why not start with the higher end body if they have enough "sense" to have a job that pays that much?

TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
yesNew
SameNew
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow