D800e with 24-70 on a vacation in London?

Started May 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
msjhaffey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,334Gear list
Like?
Re: D800e with 24-70 on a vacation in London?
In reply to Len_Gee, Jun 2, 2013

Len_Gee wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

msjhaffey wrote:

I do know London is as safe as pretty much any major western city, and safer than many.

This is definitely true. I have been to London many times during the last 30 years and I must say, London, as opposed to many other major cities, has improved during those years. Not only in terms of safety, but also in terms of air quality and tourist friendliness. I think that the congestion charges, regardless if hated or loved by those who live in London, improved the quality of life a lot and it also reduced stress and stress related negative behavior also. I never felt unsafe in London but feel even safer today then say 20 years ago when you not only risked being mugged but also being killed by IRA terrorists.

Are you serious ?

I have been told  about the multitudes of radicalized terrorists that harbor themselves in UK and in particular London.    Wasn't  there a   terrorist bombing incident a few years ago in the London Underground?

I have been told the high unemployment rate also is related to the muggiings in London.

The number of people killed by terrorists in the UK in the past 10 years is less than the number who die in road accidents every week.  And in the UK, you're about as safe on the road as anywhere in the world.

-- hide signature --

Sean
www.seanhaffey.co.uk

msjhaffey's gear list:msjhaffey's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow