D800e with 24-70 on a vacation in London?

Started May 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,740
Like?
Re: D800e with 24-70 on a vacation in London?
In reply to Len_Gee, Jun 2, 2013

Len_Gee wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

msjhaffey wrote:

I do know London is as safe as pretty much any major western city, and safer than many.

This is definitely true. I have been to London many times during the last 30 years and I must say, London, as opposed to many other major cities, has improved during those years. Not only in terms of safety, but also in terms of air quality and tourist friendliness. I think that the congestion charges, regardless if hated or loved by those who live in London, improved the quality of life a lot and it also reduced stress and stress related negative behavior also. I never felt unsafe in London but feel even safer today then say 20 years ago when you not only risked being mugged but also being killed by IRA terrorists.

Are you serious ?

Yes I am.

I have been told  about the multitudes of radicalized terrorists that harbor themselves in UK and in particular London.

If you believe that, that's fine. Personally I believe that London and UK is safer than ever.

Wasn't  there a   terrorist bombing incident a few years ago in the London Underground?

Yes, and so what? It did not change anything, did it? I have been there before and after and will be there again soon without hesitations. Would you mind taking a walk in Boston? Would you mind flying to New York, Washington or any other place just because those places have had terrorist attacks? Well, I would... I feel safer in London than I would in USA, but that's just me.

I have been told the high unemployment rate also is related to the muggiings in London.

I have been told that simple truths and simple answers to complicated problems are just nonsense most of the times. As a matter of fact, I don't think there is any true relationship between the two. At least not scientifically provable.

Anyway, I never said muggings don't exist in London, just that I feel London is better and safer, more tourist friendly today than before. Of course, probably more tourists get mugged now because there are more tourists today then 20-30 years ago, and you hear more about those things because of the Internet and the general interest for the negative news. The more negative, sensational and bloody the better it is and the more it gets spread.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow