My SLR remained in the bag, is there a solution?

Started Jun 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kramerica2
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
My SLR remained in the bag, is there a solution?
Jun 2, 2013

I love my SLR. Taking photos is a great experience, I get impressive results, and it's worth carrying on those special occasions.

My last trip didn't include much nature or landscapes, just a group of friends mainly walking in a big city, some architecture, restaurants, bars, museums, etc.. Since I wanted to travel as light as possible (all day walking in the city), I didn't take any bag with me so I left the camera in the Hotel. Getting used to carrying a bag for the camera in my trips, I forgot how fun and easy it is just walking without anything. I did take a lot of pics, mostly group photos, and the occasional building or sight, using my iPhone 5.

The pics are mostly not bad at all. Not SLR level by a long shot, but close to the mid-range P&S. For memoirs from the trip they certainly do the job. Enjoying the "freedom" from my backpack, I was thinking perhaps there is a way to get close to SLR photos, without carrying too much.

Is there, for example any M34 camera that would fit a jeans' pocket? Maybe a high-end P&S?

I did some research and couldn't find anything, but perhaps I'm missing something. What I'm thinking of is a camera that would have a great lens, a rather large sensor that would give me DOF abilities and good low light performance and would still fit my pocket, or be very easy to carry around. Does anything like that exist? what about the new E-PM2? Is it small enough?

I would thank any input on the subject...

Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow