D600 oil specs on the sensor question

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
atrhys
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 oil specs on the sensor question
In reply to dresner, 10 months ago

You are right that this question has come up a lot. You should have no problem finding many opinions on which one is best.

Honestly you can't go wrong with either system. I own the D600 and have a 6D at work. Both are great cameras and both have their pros and cons.

The dust/oil issued doesn't necessarily go away at 300 actuations but it isn't as big of a problem as it may seem. Some D600s truly do have an issue with dust or oil but many people see 2 or 3 black spots on a photo and freak out. My work's 6D has dust on it as well, but only about half as much (with half as many actuations) as my D600. If I ever see a spot in a photo it takes me about a second to clone it out and move on.

I personally like the D600 because it tracks motion a lot better and my type of work benefits from the extra resolution. I do wish it was contoured to the hand more like the 6D.

Also, I'm not sure how many people on this forum will catch the Horde/Alliance reference but I know exactly what you mean. 

Good luck on your purchase!

atrhys's gear list:atrhys's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow