Buy Leica lenses for using with my Fujifilm X-E1?

Started May 16, 2013 | Questions thread
Spunky8
Contributing MemberPosts: 633Gear list
Like?
Re: Thank you everyone!
In reply to ILeicaPictures, Jun 1, 2013

ILeicaPictures wrote:

Thank you very much Ross Kennedy, Al Valentino, Scott McL, AlbertInFrance, phototeacher, alexzn, skyfotos, Jan Safranek, Mauro.B, Spunky8, fluxism, Fabio Amodeo, Les Lammers, lnbolch, jouni123.

The feedback is overwhelmingly to go with Fuji lenses instead of spending money on Leica lenses.

You saved me a bunch of money!

Apologies for the late reply but I was out taking pictures with my Fuji X-E1 side by side with my 5DII. I like the Fuji a lot. Admittedly, I haven't even read the manual, but was keen to try it out. And my 5DII has been with me for almost 3 years now. However, my first impression is that for my style of photography, 5DII cannot be replaced yet.

Maybe my impression will change after I learn more about the Fuji.

In the meantime, I'm planning to buy a Samyang 14mm for use with my 5DII and perhaps also with the Fuji. I'll also put the 24-105 lens on Fuji to see how that goes!

Regards,

S

I also shoot with a 5D, mine a MKiii.  I agree that, though I've tried to go mirrorless, I simply can't replace the 5D.

What I've done in order to reduce the weight factor was buy a 40 2.8 pancake---a wonderful lens at almost give-away prices.  Now, my 5D and the pancake are my package.  I use it constantly, without taking any other gear.  It's small (not as small as mirrorless) and it gives full-frame images. I leave my Canon zooms at home.

It's a wonderful combination---one I highly recommed trying.

Spunky8's gear list:Spunky8's gear list
Sony Alpha 7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow