Harsh sun in poor places

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
photoeng
Contributing MemberPosts: 935Gear list
Like?
Re: Options
In reply to xtoph, 10 months ago

You also might want to consider hiring a local photographer (recomended by the local group)--these days there are talented and experienced people almost everywhere. One advantage is that the person can document your interaction, not just the client in isolation.

This is actually an *excellent* point, though probably not the answer the OP was looking for.

I once thought that this was a little narcissistic, but I must admit that it makes all the sense in the world.

I recently went on a trip to China and we went to my wife's hometown - a small island called Gulangyu.

Fortunately, I had an uncle in law that was willing and able to take pics of my family.

I handed him my D200+ 24mm F2.8 combo.  It was the first time he'd ever seen, let alone use a DSLR.  He had experience with film slr.

There was plenty of light and I just made sure that the camera was set the following:

- single point focus - center point

- P mode

- ISO = 200

- RAW only

No works of art, but INVALUABLE for capturing my memory with my family at that special time.

photoeng's gear list:photoeng's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D70s Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow