Oly OMD-EM5 Battery Holder Question

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
BNJO
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Re: Oly OMD-EM5 Battery Holder Question
In reply to Regan M, Jun 1, 2013

-I've been careful throughout that screw mounts for both grip sections are snugged well to each other and to the camera body. -After initial power changeover problems described earlier for two first changeovers from grip-to-body battery-  subsequent two power shifts have been seamless with no problems. All seems OK now.

-I attribute this to careful pin array cleanings with a clean, soft cloth, wiping recessed contacts on batteries, flat contact patches on body and grip -plus a tender brush of battery chamber's spring contacts using the clean eraser of a new pencil. Probably the lens pen buffing tip would work but I reserve it for lens use to avoid contaminating its tip with any oil from manufacturing or abrasive debris/grit. Modern lens coatings are wonderful and extremely tough chemically but will not withstand grit abrasion. There's a terrible irony if one were to damage a lens while "cleaning it".

-Went out macro shooting with it yesterday and smooth grip-to-body power shift allowed uninterrupted shooting of bees in lavender. Nice day in Seattle!

BNJO

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow