* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 266, 13 05 29 *

Started May 28, 2013 | Photos thread
Roger Engelken
Senior MemberPosts: 2,823Gear list
Like?
Re: Moon rise...
In reply to stephent, Jun 1, 2013

stephent wrote:

I have had this image running around in my mind for over a year, to finally capture last week was fantastic.

To have everything right was worth the wait, a full Moon rising out of the ocean in the east as the sunset in the west and a clear cloudless sky.

Also high tide and a large surf running to bring the Sea right amongst the rocks. These in the foreground are covered by sand for months even years at times.

A wide angle lens to bring in the foreground, the wide converter for the Sony 16mm, brought a few weeks ago in the hope that everything would come together this full moon.

If you take the time to click on the image to see it in the larger size the stars in the sky will shine for you.

Regards.

Stephen.

A very beautiful shot which looks even better when viewed at 100%.  I especially like the trail of the moonlight on the sea, and the mist like effect of the 20 second exposure.  Very nicely done.

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ZinNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow