Started Jun 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TonyC5D
Senior MemberPosts: 2,169Gear list
Like?
A fond farewell to the USA
Jun 1, 2013

I first visited the USA in 1979 when I toured the west coast on a company trip (Pentax). Those were the days when a dollar would buy you a dozen avocados, a dozen roses or, in Las Vegas, a cocktail to knock your socks off. I was also privileged to spend a day driving John Waynes yacht "Wild Goose" round the L.A. harbour, the skipper and I were both ex tanker men and Pentax had hired it for the day. Since then I have made many trips to places such as Florida, Georgia and up the east coast to Philadelphia and Buffalo as well as revisiting the west coast and enjoying the spectacular scenery. I have flown the Grand Canyon and marvelled at the Giant Sequoias and Bryce Canyon.

For the last ten years I have been a frequent visitor to the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, probably my favourite place in the world.

Sadly I have now made my last trip and so I would just like to say that in all my time in the USA I have almost invariably been met with friendship, hospitality and courtesy. Thank you America, I will miss you greatly.

-- hide signature --

It wasn't me!

TonyC5D's gear list:TonyC5D's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow