intel 520 isue

Started May 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
rio911
Contributing MemberPosts: 914Gear list
Like?
Re: intel 520 isue
In reply to johncz, Jun 1, 2013

johncz wrote:

thanks guys, but there is no one update for this motherboard - P5E3 , there are two uptates i find for sata

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&m=P5E3&hashedid=fQ39Ng5Y1VIgl116

should i download both of them ?  and how do i update it ? i have never done motherboard updates before .

Hi, I would suggest that you download the manual for your mobo as well, but here is a brief description of the BIOS update procedure:

The mobo has a flash utility called EZ-flash.  Download the latest BIOS version for you motherboard, triple checking model number, BIOS version, etc.

Unzip the file on a USB drive, and plug it in.  During boot, press Alt+F2, that should bring you direct in to the EZ-flash utility.  If the USB drive is available, select it by pressing TAB.

I'm guessing the utility will go through a number of checks, once everything is confirmed, the update will start.  Wait patiently for the successful end and make sure not to interrupt it.

Good luck,

rio

rio911's gear list:rio911's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow