About to be a Fuji user again

Started May 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
mpresley
Regular MemberPosts: 297Gear list
Like?
Re: About to be a Fuji user again
In reply to Photofreak7, Jun 1, 2013

Photofreak7 wrote:

Um you may be getting another RX100 then ... I had the RX100, XF1, X20 and X10 but ending up selling the X20    (so far) ... as it was the worst at getting decent results without alot of fuss and even with decent settings was a step behind the others esp the RX100 (which I am leaning toward keeping)

-- hide signature --

Don't feed or mess with the crazy person ... just take a photo and walk away ... just walk away man!

You could be right - to soon to tell. The RX100 is amazingly good. I've had a couple of hours to play with the X20 and as far as how they handle, I am really liking the X20 (don't really care for RX100 layout). I did see a difference in the jpegs after turning down the color, shadows and NR. I don't have anything against shooting RAW. I don't think I have unrealistic expectations - this won't be my indoor/low light camera. I did a quick comparison between the two cameras and the lens on Fuji appears to be much better than the Sony for edge sharpness and the Fuji can blur the background a bit more. There's noise in the shots, even at ISO 200, but I'm not seeing it as that objectionable - with the sharpness turn down the RAW file seems to respond to sharpening and noise reduction in Lightroom pretty well.... we'll see.

I'm digg'n the flash high speed sync ability of the leaf shutter which is another big reason I'm interested in the X20.

BTW, I still have the RX100 -

-- hide signature --

Not a pro, just a Granddad with to much camera gear

mpresley's gear list:mpresley's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D50 Nikon D1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow