D800e with 24-70 on a vacation in London?

Started May 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,966Gear list
Like?
Re: D800e with 24-70 on a vacation in London?
In reply to FtoDin5min, May 31, 2013

FtoDin5min wrote:

WIMorrison wrote:

You have quoted completely out of context and fail to mention that this story is completely uncorroborated and had never been heard of by any of the UK based forum posters. something of this severity would have been all over the national press and TV reports yet nothing was mentioned anywhere.

i can unsure you that London is much safer than many cities, people do not run around with guns, they don't run around with knives, nor are people in London or UK out to rob and fleece tourists.

i have personally wandered round most areas of London, often at night and always with expensive camera gear and never  been so much as questioned by anyone.

The OP may want to look at my website where he can see some classic  tourist of London shots to consider.

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

so this did not happen? You have no clue what you are talking about. You have never heard of violent car jacking in the press in London??????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-141088/Teenager-gets-life-brutal-carjack-murder.html

Carjacking was very frequent but slowed down recently because of security systems in cars. The rest of violent attacks are still extremely frequent. Just Google them or read the press you so much like to refer to to support your point.

I'll tell you something else that will surprise you: not everything makes the press as well (luckily).

But whatever, I will know what to make of your thinking process next time it is relevant to some of your posts...

Anyway, with regards to the OP's question, my personal experience in London is that I feel rather safe if I walk in touristic areas carrying cameras or such things. Nonetheless I feel significantly more at risk when walking in residential areas with less visible yet valuable items. And the problem is that when this risk realizes itself in London it usually is violent.

-- hide signature --

FTD5

With all due respect, I am personally more inclined to credit opinions regarding London from London residents than from someone such as yourself who lists a residence in Papua New Guinea  

Doesn't mean I'm right, I'm just saying  

-
One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow