D800e with 24-70 on a vacation in London?

Started May 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
FtoDin5min
Regular MemberPosts: 401Gear list
Like?
Re: D800e with 24-70 on a vacation in London?
In reply to WIMorrison, May 31, 2013

WIMorrison wrote:

FtoDin5min wrote:

WIMorrison wrote:

You have quoted completely out of context and fail to mention that this story is completely uncorroborated and had never been heard of by any of the UK based forum posters. something of this severity would have been all over the national press and TV reports yet nothing was mentioned anywhere.

i can unsure you that London is much safer than many cities, people do not run around with guns, they don't run around with knives, nor are people in London or UK out to rob and fleece tourists.

i have personally wandered round most areas of London, often at night and always with expensive camera gear and never  been so much as questioned by anyone.

The OP may want to look at my website where he can see some classic  tourist of London shots to consider.

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

so this did not happen? You have no clue what you are talking about. You have never heard of violent car jacking in the press in London??????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-141088/Teenager-gets-life-brutal-carjack-murder.html

Carjacking was very frequent but slowed down recently because of security systems in cars. The rest of violent attacks are still extremely frequent. Just Google them or read the press you so much like to refer to to support your point.

I'll tell you something else that will surprise you: not everything makes the press as well (luckily).

But whatever, I will know what to make of your thinking process next time it is relevant to some of your posts...

Anyway, with regards to the OP's question, my personal experience in London is that I feel rather safe if I walk in touristic areas carrying cameras or such things. Nonetheless I feel significantly more at risk when walking in residential areas with less visible yet valuable items. And the problem is that when this risk realizes itself in London it usually is violent.

-- hide signature --

FTD5

Well done, you have found the incident that is in all the national press and television in the UK - why? Because it is so unusual, dare I say almost unique, that it makes the headlines.

what I stated, and still maintain, is that the incident you quote has not appeared in the national, or even Evening Standard which I can assure you would Definately story carried the story for several days for such a serious crime. I presume that your expert knowledge of London extends to an intimacy of the news papers.

Now please do us all a favour and stop fantasising.

-- hide signature --

Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
wimorrison.co.uk

I guess next thing you'll tell me is what I had for dinner as you seem to know better

The internet is just unbelievable, it really helps me realize how clueless people can form what they think is a factual assessment, based on nothing.

I guess if I was anything other than a clueless jerk and I were to read the story related by FTD5 as a personal experience, the most I would do is maybe put some doubts in my mind about whether the story is true or not.

But I guess some people have some superpowers and know your life better than yourself without even knowing who you are And that's because they read the newspapers!!! You really impress me... To be honest, given your unbelievable demonstration of logic, I am even amazed you can read.

Forgive me in advance for ignoring your future useless inputs (having to use this line twice in a week...)

-- hide signature --

FTD5

FtoDin5min's gear list:FtoDin5min's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow