Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rriley
Forum ProPosts: 21,846Gear list
Like?
Re: The latest rumors
In reply to OM 6Ti Plus, May 31, 2013

OM 6Ti Plus wrote:

Riley,

with all due respect I think you are approaching this from the wrong direction. I think a hybrid has to start with a m4/3 body; you need mirrorless, PDAF on sensor and EVF for it to work.

I think i did too, then I put that on sensor pdAF m43rds camera in a 43rds box, thats where it went 'different'

The base mount is m4/3 and when using the body in m4/3 mode the 4/3 mount is retracted back to the body on a helical mount that leaves the 4/3 connections disconnected from any power at the top of the tube. When you want to use 4/3 lenses you rotate the mount ring and the 4/3 mount comes out from the body to the required register distance and the 4/3 power connections which run straight from front to back of the tube rotate down and forward to make contact onto the back of the relevant pins of the m4/3 mount with a detent pin serving to both lock the mount in position and signal that the body is in 4/3 mode. Oh no, there I go again, must learn to patent these ideas before publishing

not sure its harder to make something 2x as wide shrink, or move something inside a 43rds camera to provide a m43 in a 43rds box.

conceptually this is what that looks like inside
http://youtu.be/24VOEMx5xzo

In GH2 you only have about 12mm from the mount to the top of the sensor due to the sensor stack. Since you need to make a difference of about 18mm, Im not sure theres enough to collapse into if you put that helical mount over an m43rds body..

however, I like the helical mount idea a lot

I guess in any event there has to be a moving part, and the trick will be in controlling the accuracy of the movement at either end of the stroke (not during as in the youtube mechanism)

And if Olympus are reading this and it wasn't the way they were going to do it . . . you're welcome to the idea guys, just send me one of the first production batch in lieu of a fee thanks.

good luck with that!

Mike

-- hide signature --

Riley
any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended
support 1022 Sunday Scapes'

Rriley's gear list:Rriley's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TimNew
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow