Started May 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lkv11
Regular MemberPosts: 370
Like?
Trip to Las Vegas and Grand Canyon advice
May 31, 2013

So for my upcoming trip I am debating about bringing along just two prime lens: the Sigma 19mm F2.8 and the SEL35 F1.8. I also have the SEL1650 zoom, however, I am thinking about leaving it at home. The intent of using just two primes is that I will do less lens switching, and it will hopefully make my pictures better. I also prefer the image quality that I get from both primes, and was not impressed by the zoom. I am slightly worried that if I leave the zoom lens at home I may miss some shots that either require a wider angle or a longer zoom than I could take with my two lenses. With my two lens combo it gives me 28.5 mm and 52.5 mm effective focal lengths.

I realize the SEL1650 is small enough that I can carry it anyways, however, just knowing that it is there, will likely force me to use. Hence it either comes with me and gets used, or it stays home. Again I don't like the lens switching that I had to do on a previous trip when I brought all three lens. I noticed that there were more chances of getting dust into the sensor, which happened.

I have been to both locations so I have an idea of what there is to shoot. However, going there and actually shooting with the focal lengths selected will be another matter. I won't know until I get there if these focal lengths will cover most of my shooting requirements.

So do I carry two lenses, three lenses, or even just one lens?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow