What Olympus actually promised:

Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
OM 6Ti Plus
Contributing MemberPosts: 729
Like?
Re: The latest rumors
In reply to Rriley, May 31, 2013

Riley,

with all due respect I think you are approaching this from the wrong direction. I think a hybrid has to start with a m4/3 body; you need mirrorless, PDAF on sensor and EVF for it to work. The base mount is m4/3 and when using the body in m4/3 mode the 4/3 mount is retracted back to the body on a helical mount that leaves the 4/3 connections disconnected from any power at the top of the tube. When you want to use 4/3 lenses you rotate the mount ring and the 4/3 mount comes out from the body to the required register distance and the 4/3 power connections which run straight from front to back of the tube rotate down and forward to make contact onto the back of the relevant pins of the m4/3 mount with a detent pin serving to both lock the mount in position and signal that the body is in 4/3 mode. Oh no, there I go again, must learn to patent these ideas before publishing

And if Olympus are reading this and it wasn't the way they were going to do it . . . you're welcome to the idea guys, just send me one of the first production batch in lieu of a fee thanks.

Mike

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TimNew
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow