D800e and Yongnuo YN-622N Wireless Triggers vs Pocket Wizard, Phottix, Etc.

Started May 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rumi Siddiqui
Regular MemberPosts: 193Gear list
Like?
D800e and Yongnuo YN-622N Wireless Triggers vs Pocket Wizard, Phottix, Etc.
May 31, 2013

The Yongnuo Wireless Triggers YN-622N was recently released for various Nikon camera models. Does anyone have it yet? I have wasted over $700 on pocket wizard in the Canon system and will never use them again. I was looking into the phottix odin or strato ii system for Nikon, but came across the Yongnuo online. It's Canon counter part has received overwhelmingly high praises and I'm hoping the Nikon version will as well.

Yongnuo YN-622N is radio iTTL tranceiver with full flash manual control through camera. It has a hotshoe and PC link, so it can also be used with strobes. The round about price online is about $87 for two.

This completely obliterates pocketwizard from the picture in my eyes. Yes, less channels, and perhaps a bit less range. I dont plan on shooting a football field distance away. Can anyone tell me what the disadvantages of this system are? Or any issues they've encountered? I haven't seen a single review online yet, other than people talking about what features it has.

The goal: I would like to able to shoot manual flash wirelessly and occasionally shoot iTTL if needed. As well as being able to take advantage of ratios. I have two SB-910's and an Einstein E640 Strobe. I would require 4 tranceivers. The Yongnuo system would cost me roughly $174 give or take.

Rumi Siddiqui's gear list:Rumi Siddiqui's gear list
Nikon D810 Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +10 more
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FWIWNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow