Started May 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dperez
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
Procedure for switching to refillable cartridges
May 31, 2013

I've read a lot of topics in here about buying refillable carts, testing refillable carts, and just generally stuff about refillable cartridges for the 3880.

I bought a set of cartridges from Inkowl.  I'll shortly need to start using them.

But, I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what I have to do.  My cartridges (as I understand it) use the chip from the original Epson cartridge.  The instructions say if the original cartridge signals that it's empty, it CAN'T be used in the refillable because it deactivates when it says it's empty.....

So, at some point BEFORE the lowest cartridge SAYS it's empty, do I have to pull it, take the chip off, and replace it with a filled refillable?  Is there a reasonable way to get all the ink that's still in the ORIGINAL cartridge out so I can put it in the new, refillable cartridge?

Do I have to do this with EVERY cartridge?

Do I have to monitor the ink level in every cartridge (I presume there's some SIMPLE way to see exactly how much is left in every cartridge?) so I can take them out BEFORE they're empty?

Does EVERY replacement cartridge get it's matching chip from the original Epson cartridge or do I only need 1 or 2 or some other number?

Or, when I have to change the first cartridge, do I just pull them ALL out and change them?  Presuming, of course, there's some way to get ALL the remaining ink out of the Epson cartridges...

How does everybody else make this change over?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow