Started May 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
veroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,239Gear list
Like?
Re: Good to hear printing....
In reply to faith_ps, May 31, 2013

faith_ps wrote:

Hi Steve (Veroman),

Interesting that you print your photos regular basis. I have lots of photos sitting there in my hard disks (90% made by Olympus Systems). These days I'm considering buying either the Canon Pixma Pro1 or Epson Stylus pro 3885 (asian series of 3880 I think). Lend me your thought on the Epson's. Anything to fear? I heard lots of series 4900 problems of clogings and lots of complaints.

These days I'm printing on a cheap 4 colour refillable Epson L series. Though 4 colours, the result is fantastic on a good paper. Imagine what they'll be like printed on a 9 or 12 inks.

So pls any advice on Epson?

Thxs,

I've been printing with Epson's for many, many years. I have no experience with printers of other makes except for a big Tektronix that I used when i worked at AOL. It used wax instead of ink!

I've owned an Epson 1200, Epson 1280, R800, R1800, two 4000s and my current printers ... Epson 3800, 3880 and general purpose all-in-one (printer, scanner, copier) the Epson 725 Artisan.

The 4000s clogged all the time, so I sold them. The R1800 was an excellent printer, but I always had to compensate for that printer's tendency to print dark ... so I sold that one, too. I have no problems whatsoever with either my 3800 or 3880. Superb, reliable machines. I highly recommend them. Not sure if they're being made anymore.

Steve

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus PEN E-P5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow