OM-D E-M5 vs E-5 (build quality)

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 23,237
Like?
Re: Without Mincing Words
In reply to Silverback46, May 30, 2013

Silverback46 wrote:

Totally disagree. He is saying he can't see the difference between the them so it is possible the IQ is the same in his mind but he never said anything about the IQ, possibly because he doesn't know enough about it or he didn't want to get a lecture on it. He just said that he couldn't tell the difference.

Ah, well that's what I meant.  Is that inconsistent with what I asked?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Since JK said:

I defy anyone to tell the difference with the naked eye between the printed images I have taken with my "antique" 5MP E-1 and those taken with my 10 MP E-510 or 12 MP E-30.

I will pose the same question to you I posed to JK:

So, just to make sure, you are saying that the reason to choose one system over another is for operation, not IQ, except for extreme situations.  Do I have that right?

So, if I may ask, what constitutes "extreme situations"?  Low light?  If so, how low?  Large prints?  Other?

What say you?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm just not seeing any contradictions here with what I said and what I asked.  For example, perhaps JK and John Byrne could see no difference because they were 8x10 inch prints taken in good light.  But I specifically asked if visible differences might manifest themselves in lower light, larger prints, or other situations.

I've yet to receive an answer or clarification.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hmm.New
Yup!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow