Ricoh GR owners. AF speed, Iso question. And rx100 comparison?

Started May 30, 2013 | Questions thread
Banana Chips™
Contributing MemberPosts: 628Gear list
Like?
Re: Ricoh GR owners. AF speed, Iso question. And rx100 comparison?
In reply to nico-foto, May 30, 2013

nico-foto wrote:

I have a question to Ricoh GR owners regarding AF speed and low light performance. In daylight, do you think it is fast enough for grabbing snap shots in the street? How does it perform at, say, iso 1600? And finally...has anyone here had the chance to compare AF speed and IQ to the Sony RX100?

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/nicolasraddatz
www.nico-foto.com

AF is quick and accurate when there is enough light; otherwise, it hunts and accuracy falters...but IMO not as bad as the EPM2 that I had for a short while.

As for noise...well...you can see color noise (not to be confused with luminance noise) with ISO as low as ISO 400 when developed with Photo Ninja...Aperture/LR does not show you that these noise exist...so it's probably a non-issue.

lens is really sharp.  hard to fault it even at f2.8...it's so sharp it even causes aliasing, which shows you that it can outresolve the sensor easily.

You can see the set here.  I'll be adding more to the set as I progress through my written review.

Banana Chips™'s gear list:Banana Chips™'s gear list
Ricoh GR Digital Nikon D600 Leica M Typ 240 Nikon PC-E Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow