Can Yongnuo 622C Triggers also be used as shutter releases?

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Prairie Rim Images
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Re: Can Yongnuo 622C Triggers also be used as shutter releases?
In reply to Sailor Blue, May 30, 2013

I fully understand why a YN622 (or any other device) can't trigger both a shutter and the flashes at the same time.  However, what if I want to use my YN622 to fire the flashes with some setups, and fire the shutter with other setups?  Why can't I just get (or make) a cable that connects the YN622's PC-sync port to the Canon's N3 port?

For example, I need the various flash firing features of the YN622 for lots of different things.  I also shoot sports sometimes (without any flash), and I like to be able to setup a remote camera behind the goal and have it automatically fire when my primary handheld camera fires so that I get two views of the same action.  The concept is well-proven, and I've used it myself with cheaper, less-reliable triggers.

Now I'm looking to upgrade triggers, and the YN622 is at the top of my list.  What is it about the YN622 that prevents the PC-sync port from triggering the camera shutter?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow