Started May 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alton (TN)
Senior MemberPosts: 1,051
Like?
Birding and the D7100
May 30, 2013

I am considering the D7100 for birding. This would be my first Nikon since the film days. I do not have any Nikon glass so I am considering the D7100 and 1 lens to start.

Can anyone share with me their experience so far with this camera and what lens you are using for birding?

I am currently using the Canon 7D and 5DIII. Most of the time I use the 400 F5.6L or Sigma 50-500 and I am reasonably happy with the results. I am not doing what many refer to as "jumping ship". I plan to keep (and upgrade) my current gear. I may be different in believing that I can own and enjoy both systems, but that is what I plan to do and is why I am asking.

I know the D7100 hasn't been out long, but I would love to see some bird pictures and know what lens was used.

Also, please share your experience with 3rd party lens and "not high end" lens from Nikon. In other words, not the $5K+ long lens but something that gets the job done just the same.

TIA

-- hide signature --

Alton

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow