Started May 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KenHill
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Terminology - Or is there a difference?
May 30, 2013

I purchased the "refurbished" Nikkor 24-70 from Nkon when it went on sale last week and it arrived yesterday.  It appears new, not a mark on it, and shows no sign of previous use or wear.  I took it for a test drive into low light and it works flawlessly.  I am glad I got it.  This is my first purchase from Nikon of a refurbished item and I am pleased with the shipping, handling and the like new condition of the lens.  The $500.00 savings over a new lens is a no brainer.   However, when I examined the 90 day warranty slip enclosed I noticed it said Nikon "reconditioned" product.

Is there a difference? I checked some on-line consumer/camera references and it appears that reconditioned products have a different definition than refurbished products.  Ebay's definition of reconditioned items seems to imply they are a bit better than refurbished items.   Has anyone rec'd a warranty stating Nikon "refurbished" product?

What do ya'll think?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow