Is it wrong to be offended?

Started May 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dylan Johnson
Regular MemberPosts: 143Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it wrong to be offended?
In reply to Doug J, May 30, 2013

CaptiVision Photography wrote:

Wow that's hilarious! I didn't even notice that she updates the ad. What an attitude. I don't want my pictures being instagramed with a crappy filter and her calling it edited. Thats just wrong... I really hope nobody accepts this crazy job.

Why are you so wound up and emotional over this ad from a 17 year old? It's not a personal invitation to you, just ignore it and move on.

If you take the time to do a search on that site, and in the same geographical area, you'll find several photogs offering a free shoot (to add to a portfolio), low cost shoots on the order of $50 or so, etc. Maybe you can go dig those out, post them and be outraged, offended, etc.

I look on there all the time. It's more the lack of respect this 17 year old has for what we do that has me upset. Even though its not a personal invitation to me, it still bugs me. If she was looking for a plumber I wouldn't care, but it's a photographer she's looking for and doesn't have to respect to even listen to what people are apparently telling her even though its true. It's her attitude and lack of respect that's bugging me.
--
Canon 50d gripped, 70-200 f2.8L IS USM, 50mm f1.8, 18-55 f3.5-5.6, 430ex II, Carry Speed FS Pro Sling Strap

Dylan Johnson's gear list:Dylan Johnson's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow