Google+ Auto Enhance, how to replicate in Lightroom?

Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
pipee
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
Re: Google+ Auto Enhance, how to replicate in Lightroom?
In reply to geminihc, May 30, 2013

After much frustration when picasa silenetly auto enhanced my album, I have noticed the following. All of this can be done manually in Lightroom.

- Corrects exposure, brings out shadows. It does not know that the photo was intended to be underexposed, eg, silouette.

- Enhances skin tones by brightening them and adding saturation. It seems to do this regardless of how bright it was before the enhancement which leads to overexposed photos.

- If google detects lines and patterns in the photo, it will increase contrast and clarity... by a lot.

- If google detects faces in the photo, it will apply circular gradient around the face for a vignetting effect. Too much for my taste. We will get this tool in LR5.

- Colours selectively get extra saturation. Eg, flowers, blue sky, grass, red dress

Overall, I think google did a good job. If it can work with RAW files, it will be an amazing tool. Lightroom on the other hand is way behind... it does not even have face recognition!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow